1.0 Executive Summary
[COMPANY] is located in [CITY], [STATE], which is [COUNTY] in the south-central region of the state. It was founded in 1987 by [NAME]. The studio provides services primarily to York and the immediate surrounding counties (about 95% of its business), but has served customers in all four corners of the state and has done business as far away as New York City, Georgia and Nevada.
[COMPANY] aims to exceed customer expectations in every detail. It has achieved such a high level of customer satisfaction that 80% of its business comes from word-of-mouth reputation.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
[COMPANY]'s current main focus is wedding photography. It also does other special events, portraiture, modeling, fine art and commercial photography. The studio also provides videography services.
The "wedding photography business" is not what it used to be. The advent of digital photography has drastically, negatively affected the business. Amateur photographers, with their inexpensive, easy-to-use digital cameras offer cut-rate prices compared to professional photographers. As a result, many photography studios in the region have had to close shop.
FINANCIAL PATH TO SUCCESS
With a $150,000 investment, much of it in state-of-the art digital media production equipment, [COMPANY] will be able to fill a niche in the market that is vastly under served. No one in south-central [STATE] has this digital media production capability. With it, [COMPANY] will stand head and shoulders above its competition.
Expand and grow digital media production and fine art photography services.
The Mission Statement of [COMPANY] is: "Creativity, Quality, Value and Service to Our Clients." We emphasize value and define it to mean quality products and services at reasonable prices. We aim to exceed customer expectations in every detail.
1.3 Keys to Success
• Develop a new customer base by marketing for opportunities beyond the wedding industry in the field of digital media production
• Acquire the hardware and software needed to support the successful execution of new business
• Provide leadership with the teamwork and technical skills to initiate and sustain the new business objectives
• Employ a team of skilled professionals trained to perform all the tasks needed to produce a final product on time, under budget and with optimum value
• Sustain and enhance the current business model by increasing marketing in pursuit of other photography business, i.e., as fine art, modeling and portraiture
• • •