1.0 Executive Summary
Being a sole community provider, the market offers grocery products to the local community and surrounding area of approximately 4,000 citizens. Often referenced as a pillar of the community, the community's viability is dependent upon the success of their local market. Without a successful pillar, such as the market, the community would falter and gradually deteriorate. It has been frequently referenced that a healthy community is dependent upon the success of its businesses.
The market is seeking grant funding to assist with greater development efforts and to provide opportunities for further growth. The building was erected in the 1920's and has received limited upgrades to support the need for energy efficient building infrastructure and equipment. This funding will provide the necessary first steps for improving and expanding the services and enhancing the markets continued success in the community.
Prior to March 1, 2007, annual sales of the market topped $500,000 with net incomes of approximately $15,000. With only minor enhancements to the market and the addition of product, annual sales have topped $1.1 million and net income has grown to over $60,000 annually. The community has responded positively to minor changes to the market and continues to praise the owners for "saving their community."
COMPANY NAME is anticipating the receipt of funding in the amount of $600,000 in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2010 to finance the upgrades and additions to the market.
1. Expand building to increase product selection and services.
2. Replace existing equipment in facility to provide an energy efficient environment.
3. Introduce deli/coffee shop by creating commercial kitchen, involving local patrons to prepare local favorites.
4. Restore building's historical charm by providing necessary building upgrades.
5. Boost image and awareness by establishing baseline customer satisfaction of 100%.
COMPANY NAME is committed to satisfying customers by providing a broad selection of high quality and competitively priced products as well as exceptional customer service. The focus of COMPANY NAME is to create an environment that is warm, friendly, and clean. We are committed to our employees by treating them with respect, fairness and integrity and exposing them to an atmosphere that fosters teamwork and professional development.
The suppliers of COMPANY NAME are also partners in the success of the company and we expect the same in return. It is our responsibility to be active stewards in our communities and to promote local involvement.
1.3 Keys to Success
The keys to success for COMPANY NAME are:
• Quality products and friendly service.
• Maintaining existing loyal customer base.
• Creating a positive relationship within the community.
• • •